Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Powell and Limbaugh feuding

Rush Limbaugh had a problem with Colin Powell saying that Limbaugh represented everything that was wrong with the Republican Party. I don't know that that is an entirely accurate statement, but there is some truth behind it. Limbaugh represents the views of mostly the extreme right of the Republican party and the farther you go in either direction, right or left, you are bound to exclude more and more people. I always say that I am an independent, but if I really think about it, I gues center-right is right on point. Because republicans lost many seats in this round of elections (House, Senate, and Presidency), they have began to feud with eachother, point fingers and try to really define what the republican party will stand for. I have some advice for both party's. Stay away from any kind of extremism and they will be much better off. I do think the republican party needs to tone it down on some social issues like abortion and gay marriage. Live and let live; if you don't agree with abortions, then don't have one and if you don't believe in same sex marriage, then marry someone of the same sex. I don't believe anyone is qualified to make those decisions for anyone else who is a fully capacitated adult. Other than that, the party is just fine as far as fiscal and defense issues go. Hopefully, one of the big guys reads this...

No comments: