Saturday, November 29, 2008

Transporter III -------> Commercial??

I went to see Transporter III this weekend and when it was over, I felt as if I had just sat through the longest Audi Commercial ever!!! The car practically has a star-role in the movie. Here are some examples of what I saw; You can see the Audi logo in almost every scene during the move, the car does ridiculous stunts, the car is racing through streets and then stopping on a dime, the car handles great even when off-roading a bit, the car beats a Mercedez in a high speed chase and then pushes it off a cliff (to show dominance I guess), the Audi car falls in a lake and then is pulled out and still works. Talk about product placement; and then, when then movie was over, I heard people walking out of the movie theatre talking about the cool Audi car instead of the plot of the movie?? It would be interesting to see how much of the movie-budget was covered by Audi??

No comments: